What do I do if the DA contacts me about a bad check?

In Las Vegas, there is a “bad check” division of Clark County DA’s office that helps businesses and casinos collect on bad checks and casino marker-debt. Recall that Nevada treats unpaid casino marker-debt and bad check debt as the same thing.

If you are contacted by the DA about a bad check or casino marker, you must contact a Las Vegas lawyer immediately because you only have 10 days to respond to a notice from the Clark County bad check division. If you fail to respond, a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

You will either have to pay the required restitution or your lawyer can attempt to get the charges reduced or dismissed.